Our client, Daraja Microfinance Bank was licensed by Central Bank of Kenya as a community Microfinance Bank for the Dagoretti Division, since January 2015.
Daraja’s target market is the Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs), their owners and employees with the underlying goal being to help both individuals and groups achieve their financial goals.
As part of its strategic plan, Daraja Bank is seeking to go national to be among Tier 1 MFBs in Kenya.
They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Compliance Officer – Credit Administration
Credit Compliance Officer is responsible for assisting the Credit Manager in ensuring effective and efficient enforcement of the bank’s credit policy and procedures.
- Manage credit risk through credit risk analysis/evaluation to ensure quality portfolio.
- Enforce adherence to key money laundering principles mainly suspicious transactions, know your customer, and safeguard of records.
- Vet and analyze collaterals for approved facilities against facility terms and conditions.
- Initiate disbursement of funds that have met the conditions set for each loan in conformity with policy.
- Monitor and administer credit performance through credit portfolio monitoring reports.
- Ensure compliance with internal and regulatory credit and other related policies.
- Monitor and periodically review customer credit lines against lending conditions.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Diploma / degree in Business / Finance / Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a credit function in a financial institution handling micro and small business either and individual or group level.
- Sound understanding of lending in microfinance industry.
- Lending and relationship management experience to create a balance between credit risk and business/customer service.
- Experience in financial auditing is an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills with outstanding reporting skills.
- Experience in supervision at centralized credit operations is an added advantage
- High integrity level.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to [email protected] by 20th June 2016 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.