Daraja Microfinance Bank was conceived in August 2008 during the Investment Cell Ltd’s strategy retreat. Investment Cell Ltd is an investment club founded by friends that met at the Rotary Club of Lang’ata. They launched a capital call two years later in 2010 and invited friends and associates who included Investment Cell shareholders and members of the Rotary Club of Lang’ata
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Reconciliation of various account statements and ledgers, follow up and closure of outstanding items.
- Preparation of Daily reports for management. This includes data collection, analysis and presentation in ways that are easy to interpret and meaningful.
- Weekly reports on operations, mid and end month report on parameters and end month summary of targets versus achievements
- Analytics and presentation of patterns of data to aid in risk analysis and investment decisions.
- Advice various departments such as credit department, customer service and operations department based on end of day reports and targets’ analysis as provided in the daily reports.
- Conduct market and business research on various factors affecting the banking sector on a monthly basis and forward the report to management by 5th of the following month.
- Monthly analysis of various ledgers in the trial balance for trend analysis and decision making.
- Financial modeling for different departments
Key Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounts, Business Administration or Business related field.
- CPA Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in finance.
- Good understanding of Banks operations and compliance risk framework
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, internally and externally
- Good excel skills and analysis
- Certificate of good conduct
- Clean credit reference
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their CV with a cover letter, contact details, 3 referees and expected remuneration to email@example.com clearly indicating the job title on the subject line. Closing date for your applications is 02nd May, 2017.