Our client, Daraja Microfinance Bank (www.darajabank.co.ke) was licensed by Central Bank of Kenya as a community Microfinance Bank for the Dagoretti Division, since January 2015.
Daraja’s target market is the Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs), their owners and employees with the underlying goal being to help both individuals and groups achieve their financial goals. As part of its strategic plan, Daraja Bank is seeking to go national to be among Tier 1 MFBs in Kenya.
They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Credit Manager, the Credit Analyst will be responsible for undertaking credit appraisals in order to ensure a quality loan book as well as making recommendations to the Management on each credit proposal in accordance with the Bank’s Credit Policy.
- Review and make recommendations to the Credit Manager relating to all new facilities
- Responsible for extensive analysis of financials of the borrower(s) to establish their financial credentials
- Ensure critical risk monitoring of loan portfolio, highlighting specific action points for accounts in excess/over approved limits and loans in arrears
- Daily review of the overdraft referral list and loan arrears report and factoring the same in the analysis (for the existing customers);
- Prepare and check offer letters in line with the approval terms and conditions
- Prepare credit reports, statutory returns, manage risk and ensure compliance with bank’s credit policy and procedures
- Conduct risk profiles of various business sectors to act as guidance in assessments of related credit applications
- Analyze the loan book in terms of credit risk exposures to the bank and provide advice on courses of action for individual facilities
- Ensure compliance of all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies
- Ensure timely submission of quality Quarterly Credit Reports
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or related field
- Professional qualifications – CPA (K) / ACCA
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in credit analysis in a financial institution
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities, highly numerate and inquisitive.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to [email protected] by 9th May 2016 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted