Daraja Microfinance Bank Job Vacancy : Finance Officer
The Finance Officer is responsible for running effective bank finance operations leading to provision of excellent customer service, profitability, business growth, data analysis and prepares reports that are essential in management and decision making.
Key Roles for the Finance Officer Job
- Receive, confirm and verify payments, ensuring all payments are processed promptly & accurately and that appropriate procedures and approvals have been complied with before processing any payment.
- Ensure all appropriate paperwork is available and properly authorized and which can be easily accessed for queries, tax and audit purposes.
- Ensure accruals of all expenses are processed before end of month.
- Prepare various schedules for analysis on need basis. E.g. Rent schedules of amount and taxes paid to a supplier.
- Undertake end of month procedures which includes preparation of management accounts for review by finance manager.
- Fixed Assets Management – Ensure proper reconciliations of asset ledgers on a monthly basis.
- Ensure correct and accurate posting to the bank ledgers for correct costing.
- Ensure timely remittance of all tax and other statutory payments as per the laid down requirements.
- Ensure accurate and safe archiving of all vouchers in the department on a daily basis.
- Ensure all audit issues are addressed promptly
- Preparation of Daily reports for management. This includes data collection, analysis and presentation in ways that are easy to interpret and meaningful.
- Weekly reports on operations, mid and end month report on parameters and end month summary of targets versus achievements
- Analytics and presentation of patterns of data to aid in risk analysis and investment decisions.
- Advice various departments such as credit department, customer service and operations department based on end of day reports and targets’ analysis as provided in the daily reports.
- Conduct market and business research on various factors affecting the banking sector on a monthly basis and forward the report to management by 5th of the following month.
- Monthly analysis of various ledgers in the trial balance for trend analysis and decision making.
- Financial modeling for different departments
Finance Officer Job Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounts, Business Administration or Business related field.
- CPA Qualification
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in finance.
- Good understanding of Banks operations and compliance risk framework
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, internally and externally
- Good excel skills and analysis
- Certificate of good conduct
- Clean credit reference
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their CV with a cover letter, contact details, 3 referees and expected remuneration to [email protected] clearly indicating the job title on the subject line.
Closing date for the applications will be 16th Aug 2017