Reporting to: Business Manager – lending
The Credit Officer is responsible for managing the credit function of the business function efficiently and effectively in order to ensure that it is a profitable line of business and that the organization is not exposed to risks.
Roles for the Credit Officer Job
- Revenue generation through growth of a high quality loan book
- Drive uptake of the lending products
- Ensure proper credit administration and loan recovery
- Developing and maintaining relationships with strategic partners, potential & existing clients with aim to increase and maintain the banks credit base.
- Reviewing and analysing the client’s credit risk status and giving a recommendation.
Credit Officer Job Competencies
- Degree or diploma in commerce, finance, business or related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in lending to small and medium enterprises
- Proper and organized documentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of bank’s products and services
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, internally and externally
- Strong sales and relationship building skills
- Certificate of good conduct
- Clean credit history
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their CV with a cover letter, contact details and 3 referees to [email protected] clearly indicating the job title on the subject line.
Closing date for your applications is 20th May 2017.