Data Analyst Job at ILRI, Kenya
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Data Analyst to undertake data entry from the household questionnaires that will be administered during the end line survey.
ILRI works with partners worldwide to enhance the roles that livestock play in food security and poverty alleviation, principally in Africa and Asia. The outcomes of these research partnerships help people in developing countries keep their farm animals’ alive and productive, increase and sustain their livestock and farm productivity, find profitable markets for their animal products, and reduce the risk of livestock-related diseases www.ilri.org
Data Analyst Job Key Responsibilities
The data analyst assignment will involve the following:-
- Refining the existing MS Access data entry template for the baseline to incorporate changes in the end line questionnaire
- Enter the data from the Farm-Trade end line survey questionnaires (about 670) into the MS Access data base
- Merge the baseline and end line survey data sets into a single panel data
- Export the data from MS Access to other analytical software (EXCEL, STATA and SPSS)
- Undertake preliminary data cleaning and analysis
- Prepare preliminary reports on the analysis highlighting any critical issues e.g. data quality/interpretation arising from the entry
- Undertake any other related tasks as may be requested by the supervisor in the context of the assignment
Requirements for Data Analyst Job
- A Bachelors’ degree in Statistics, Research Methods, Economics, Agricultural Economics or a closely related area of study.
- One year experience in data entry and data management using MS Access
- Ability to undertake basic quantitative analysis of data and present it in appropriate forms e.g. tables, graphs, charts, etc
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
How to Apply
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses(including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal here on or before 20 May 2016. The position title and reference number REF: DA/PTVC/05/2016 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.