International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Consultant
Department/Location: Remote with likely travel to Nairobi
Reports To: ESPS Senior M&E Advisor
Type: Full time, short term
ESPS received a scope of work (SOW) to undertake Site Improvement through Monitoring System (SIMS) assessments on behalf of the Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator (OGAC). SIMS is a tool for monitoring the performance and quality of HIV service delivery across sites funded by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) globally. ESPS services are required to increase program monitoring and enhance information management and to assure service quality so that PEPFAR Kenya is able to meet annual OGAC targets for SIMS.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Merge and clean the Facility SIMS datasets;
- Merge and clean the Community SIMS datasets;
- Duplicates: Use the “MFLCODE” (Master Facility List Code) as the “PRIMARY KEY”, to identify and filter all duplicates (note: A health facility or a community site can have more than one GHSMA ID);
- Draft a section on challenges encountered in using the data sets.
- Analyze SIMS data by Implementing Mechanisms, County, Site Volume;
- Analyze all “SETS” and “Core Essential Elements (CEE)” as requested by USAID;
- Analyze sites that meet the 25/50 rule (sites that need focused attention – on each CEE or as requested), by Implementing Mechanism and by County.
Consultant’s Expected Output
- Analyze tables by parameters requested by USAID;
- Data visualization – construct bar graphs, bubble plots and any other meaningful graphic analytics;
- Submit to IBTCI with any syntax used during data management/analysis;
- Submit to IBTCI both the raw and the clean versions (working dataset) of the SIMS data.
- Provide the consultants with the SIMS tools and SIMS dashboard;
- Liaise with USAID on data analysis requirement.
RequiredKnowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s degree in Statistics or a relevant field
- At least 4 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience with HIV/AIDS programming; familiarity with PEPFAR and SIMS strongly preferred
- Master’s degree
- Short-term travel to ESPS field office in Nairobi is likely
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
How to Apply