The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of America’s premier educational and research institutions.
The UW has been conducting medical research and program activities in Kenya for over 25 years.
As part of this endeavor, the Treatment, Research and Expert Education (TREE) program has contributed to HIV medical research and has developed HIV treatment, prevention and management capacity through training, clinical mentorship, and webcast distance learning lectures.
The TREE Program has an outstanding opportunity for a Data Analyst.
- Assist in designing data collection forms
- Assist in designing and managing research databases
- Coordinate data-checking process and produce reports on the data quality
- Manage data cleaning and back-up
- Ensure that patient study files are properly filled, documented, and stored
- Maintain the security of data
- Responsible for linking, de-linking and encrypting data
- Manage research databases
- Prepare reports for internal meetings, funding agencies, and data safety and monitoring board meetings
- Perform complex data analyses
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in related fields such as Public Health, Statistics, or IT (Masters preferred)
- Experience in use of mobile data collection (knowledge of ODK is a plus)
- Experience in handling research data
- Experience in data management
- Experience in data analysis, especially of longitudinal data
- Proficiency in SPSS
- Knowledge of Stata is a plus
How to Apply
Submit your application letter addressed to the Kenya Country Director, TREE. Include your daytime telephone contact, telephone contacts of three professional referees, a detailed Curriculum Vitae, and copies of certificates and testimonials by 28th August 2015 to [email protected]
Subject line must read: “Application for UW TREE Data Analyst Position”