Our client, Traidlinks, has a vision to diminish poverty in developing countries by inspiring, supporting and promoting enterprise and contributing sustainably and equitably to local and world trade. Traidlinks provides Rwandan companies with business improvement mentoring and hands on support to help companies access new EAC markets. Traidlinks is an Irish not for profit organization working on business development in Rwanda. To support their operations Traidlinks wishes to engage an independent consultant for a period of 6 months.
6 Months Consultancy
Title: Data Analyst
Location: Kigali with regional travel
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
The primary function of this role is to develop, collect, manage and interpret activity data within Traidlinks. It includes but is not limited to:
- support the set-up of all the databases required by Traidlinks, developing and coding related tools (database structures, surveyor informatics forms and data entry screens, workflow for database population and update)
- To provide data cleaning and data quality assurance
- To manage the databases and develop queries, specific export files and general analysis
- To deal with routine problems arising in the course of data handling.
- Create operational data management and data analysis systems using SPSS, MS Excel and Access to enable effective monitoring and evaluation;
- Create data quality control protocols including training Traidlinks representatives to continue to improve data quality;
- Establish data collection systems for projects to assist with the collection of project indicators and for project management and monitoring purposes.
- Participate in the development of data collection tools to determine friendliness during data analysis
- Generation of basic trend analysis from indicators being tracked
- Generate Cost Benefit Analysis for Sales missions
- Work with other team members and investigators on various analyses as requested
- BSc. Degree in Statistics, Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum of 2 year working experience in a busy data processing, management and analysis field.
- Excellent knowledge and working experience of at least one statistical analysis package (SAS, STATA, and SPSS) and database software (SQL Server 2005, MS Access) especially longitudinal renationalized database management system.
- Proven experience in managing and ensuring data quality.
- Strong planning, organizational skills and communications skills
- Reliable, honest and sincere work attitude
- Ability to work with short deadlines
- A strong team player with ability to work with minimum supervision
The right candidatemust be outgoing and capable of engaging with individuals and owners in companies to collect data. You will be required to obtain data from Traidlinks client companies to set up and maintain the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
How to apply:
To apply please e-mail your CV and cover letter to the address below. Attachments must not fill more than 2 MB. Clearly mark in subject field: “Traidlinks – Data Analyst”.
Closing date is 5 PM on the 7thJune 2016.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
E-mail: [email protected]