The Data Analyst will analyze program monitoring data for reporting and provide training and real-time feedback to program staff.
S/he will be responsible for developing a system for, and carrying out routine data quality assessments at field sites, and supporting program staff to trouble shoot data quality problems.
S/he will work with other members of the M&E team to develop and refine data collection tools and support field-based M&E officers to train BOMA mentors to apply the tools.
Data Analyst Job Key Responsibilities
- Monitor and provide critical analysis and feedback on incoming program data
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of data entered by field teams
- Provide guidance and support to regional M&E Officers to monitor data effectively
- Develop reports for staff to use to ensure the quality of program implementation
- Conduct trainings with field staff on how to effectively monitor data
- Review and update data collection tools and create new tools as needed
- Conduct analysis of current and historical program data
- Use data to identify program gaps and trends
- Compile and present data in a way that is easy to understand
- Innovate new ways to visualize data
- Prepare reports for donors and BOMA staff
- Adhere to project deadlines
Key Performance Metrics:
- Datasets analyzed and reports prepared on time
- Number of DQAs
- Utility of data collection tools
- The Data Analyst will report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
- The Data Analyst will work with other members of the M&E team including the Data Analyst, Salesforce
- Analysts and field-based M&E Officers to ensure that quality data is collected and analyzed for use for reporting and learning
Qualifications for the Data Analyst Job
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, monitoring and evaluation or other relevant field
- At least one year of experience conducting data analysis using Stata (skills to be tested during interview)
- Knowledge of statistics
- Experience reviewing and cleaning large data sets
- Naturally curious and analytical; able to sort through extensive data and craft hypotheses
- Strong writing skills with experience preparing reports and technical documents
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational, communication and writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to project timelines
How to Apply
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2860”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2860 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 16 June 2017
N.B. * You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.