Job Title: Data Analyst
Organization: Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Sports
Project Name: Uganda Teacher and School Effectiveness Project (UTSEP)
Funding Source: Global Partnership for Education (GPE)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Lead ICT Specialist
The Government of Uganda has received a grant from the Global Partnership for Education (GPE) as support towards the implementation of the Education Sector Strategic Plan (ESSP) through the Uganda Teacher and School Effectiveness Project (UTSEP). The Project Development Objective is to support the Government in improving teacher and school effectiveness in the public primary education system, by enhancing teacher competences, effort and resourcing; strengthening governance and provision of facilities at schools; and providing technical assistance for implementation support and capacity building.
Job Summary: The Data Analyst will offer quality control support and reporting of results of the ICT sub component of the UTSEP-GPE program. The support shall be provided towards regular quality control checks on the usage of the ICT systems and the data gathered by end users. The data analyst will also keenly verify data and develop key performance reports for both system usage and the performance of the education sector as captured by the ICT system.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and submit regular reports and statistics on the usage of system.
• Providing backstopping to regional coordinators who provide first line support to end users by identifying and forwarding for action any users identified in the system that need support in proper reporting or encouragement in reporting.
• Responsible for data verification.
o Set up and maintain a referral / feedback system for actions that need to be taken based on the reports (solicited and unsolicited) by DES and other education stakeholders.
o Support DES in analysis and development of comprehensive reports for presentation to the education sector.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree in Statistics or related fields as well as a track record of practical data analysis.
• A minimum of two years’ experience as a data analyst
• Excellent data analytical and reporting skills including the use of spread sheets and databases
• Conversant with databases
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications addressed to:
Ag. Commissioner, Human Resource Management,
Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Sports,
4th Floor, Embassy House, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 10th October, 2015