Social & Analytic Solutions International Health & Development Division Nairobi, Kenya
- About ICF International* If you want to work on the leading issues of the day, if you want your work to reflect your passion in life, if you truly want to make the world a better place, then you want to work at ICF International.
Whether ensuring efficient use of energy resources, protecting the environment for generations to come, supporting cancer and HIV/AIDS patients and returning veterans, keeping young people in school and educators informed, delivering results in emergency preparedness, or breaking ground in any number of today s issues, ICF works in the topics that lead the news.
We have a passionate commitment to our work and to helping our clients achieve their objectives. We combine technical expertise with world-class analytics. We provide room for entrepreneurial thinking and grass-roots innovation to achieve compelling results for both our clients projects and our own company. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions.
Our website is http://www.icfi.com/.
- Job Description:*
- _ _*
- __* For a USAID proposal, ICF is looking for six to eight Data Analysts to strengthen the data analytic capacity of county health management teams (CHMTs) in Western Kenya (Homabay, Migori, Kisii, Kakamega, Busia, Vihiga, Bungoma, and Kisumu). Embedded within the CHMT, the County Data Analyst will support improvements in data management systems (DHIS2, CHIS, LMIS, EMR, COBPAR, CRVS and CPMIS) and in turning data into information to support policy and program decision making. A County Data Analyst will provide a full package of support including conducting requirements analysis and design, developing analysis and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
- Key Responsibilities:*
A County Data Analyst will work with CHMTs to:
- Prioritize and target support based on county information and capacity needs
- Establish and support county core teams to spearhead development of data systems, analytic strategies, statistical products and the associated processes
- Support key monitoring and evaluation (M&E), health information system (HIS), and information technology functions in the county
- Develop and implement data systems and other strategies that optimize efficiency and data quality
- Support development of county level performance dashboards/scorecards to help aggregate and visualize data in a manner digestible by decision-makers
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain appropriate data management systems
- Analyze results using statistical techniques and platforms, interpret data, and contributing to reports
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Develop and disseminate processes and procedures for assembling and maintaining data for various planning requirements
- Support the review of national and county information products and align them with the MOH performance review and planning cycle
_Basic Qualifications: _ * Postgraduate degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics * More than 5 years of data analytic experience in the health or other social sector * Ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy * Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques * Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages, databases and programming * Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS and GIS ) * Proficient in report writing and presenting findings * Ability to travel within the assigned county
- Preferred Skills:*
- Understanding of health information systems
- Previous work experience with the Ministry of Health at the sub-national level