Data Analyst Officer Job at FAO, Kenya
Grade Level: SC 10
General Description Of Tasks & Objectives To Be Achieved
Data Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Under the direct supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, perform data processing and analysis that contributes to efforts for monitoring programme results (outputs and outcomes) against work plans and targets included in the FAO Somalia Country Programming Framework (CPF) and as included in the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Assist in designing of M&E studies, with special focus on developing data collection tools, methodologies and quality assurance processes;
- Participate in designing and implementing training of M&E personnel of FAO Somali, Government counterparts, partners and service providers/contractors;
- Act as the point of contact with Information Technology and Information Management Units of FAO Somalia in developing data collection tools and in issues relating to application of technology;
- Take the lead role in designing and implementing data entry, processing and analyses of M&E studies, in particular in relation to Resilience Baseline Surveys and impact evaluations, adopting the Resilience Index Measurement and Analysis (RIMA) under the guidance of the ESA division of FAO Head Quarters. This includes establishing quality assurance processes for data cleaning and integrity checks – in particular identifying outliers, missing values and errors – through both manual and statistical/econometric revision of the baseline and evaluation data;
- Participate actively in planning and conducting Cash for Work (CFW) Post Distribution Assessments (PDAs) and CFW Beneficiary Training Impact Assessment studies at all stages, including the process of designing questionnaires, quality assurance, data entry, processing and analysis and help with drafting the final reports;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum requirements for Data Analyst Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in either of statistics, econometrics, economics, business, database development or other related field and specific experience and qualification in statistics, computer programming and/or information technology or other related fields, or compensated by additional years of experience in working the field of Agricultural Economics or Statistics, or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience related to the management, planning, creation, development, implementation and maintenance of an information system/database and reporting system.
- Experience and skills in data collection including participatory approaches, interviews, administering questionnaires, editing entries and cleaning data.
- Working knowledge (level C) of the FAO official language used for communication within the country (English).
- Somali speaking candidates are eligible to apply.
- Ability to effectively use standard office software such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Exchange) etc.
- Ability to use software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format.
Office Management Skills:
- Systematic, well structured and efficient approach to work assignments. Analytical ability, accuracy and consistency. Exercise diligence and care in dealing with records and expenditures.
Interpersonal Communications and Teamwork Skills:
- The incumbent must possess a cooperative spirit, flexibility and openness to work in an international environment. Tact, courtesy and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural background.
How to Apply
- Send your application to:
- Candidates are requested to submit a covering letter quoting the Position Title and Vacancy Announcement No. FAO/09/2016 along with their current/detailed Curriculum Vitae and FAO Personal Profile Form (PPF) available here. E-mail is the preferred means of receipt and the application should be sent to [email protected]
- Applications must be received by the deadline. Late applications will not be considered.Only short listed candidates meeting all essential qualifications will be contacted.