Data Analyst – Talent Sourcing Associate Jobs at Andela Kenya
Type: Full Time
Experience: Junior-Mid Level
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development. Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
They have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
About the Data Analyst – Talent Sourcing Associate
The Data Analyst – Talent Sourcing Associate is charged with collecting relevant and critical data across all stages of Andela’s recruiting process, and then using this data to create intelligent insights that would enable us develop better ways to recruit and select developers. The Data Analyst – Talent Sourcing Associate at Andela would be part of the developer recruitment team which is a core part of Andela as the success of our program depends on the quality of developers that we admit into the program. He/she would report to the Recruitment Manager and work with the Recruitment Logistics Associate and Outreach & Partnership Associate to set country recruitment team’s objectives, set priorities, and execute on a well laid out plan. They are looking for a passionate Data Analyst – Talent Sourcing Associate to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. You will conduct full lifecycle activities to include requirements analysis and design, develop analysis and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements in the recruitment department.
Responsibilities of the Data Analyst- Talent Sourcing Associate:
- Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports,drawing inference and presenting observations to the recruitment team to ensure constantly optimized recruitment process.
- Developing and implementing data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality in the recruitment department
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases/data systems
Identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filtering and cleaning data
- Working closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locating and defining new process improvement opportunities
- Providing requested analysis on Recruitment budget and activities for, board and management reporting requirements.
- Managing and analysing publicity, social media, fellow performance data
- Ensuring that the recruitment process is the least costly and most effective based on lessons learnt from data available.
- Creating and keeping records of candidate evaluation information from applications and interviews.
- Liaising and working effectively with contacts across all departments and at all levels within and outside Andela, to ensure a collaborative approach to recruitment.
- Developing and monitoring metrics for measuring process implementation and recruiting effectiveness.
Qualifications & Characteristics of the Data Analyst:
- Have a BSc in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or Information Management.
- Have proven working experience as a data analyst.
- Be comfortable with numbers and have the ability to analyse, interpret and draw inferences from complex data sets.
- Have excellent quantitative skills and a deep understanding of statistics.
- Be familiar with data analysis and statistical methods.
- Have strong Excel skills.
- Have experience with SQL and database management.
- Have experience with any statistical analysis package such as Excel, SPSS, SAS etc (Advanced Excel Proficiency is a plus).
- Have experience with A/B testing and calculating statistical significance.
- Be a self-starter who can accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Have good knowledge of and be passionate about Andela’s mission and vision.
- Epitomize a level of enthusiasm about being at Andela as a model for all fellows to promote the organization to external audiences.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the plane
Oh, and a chance to change the world!
How to Apply