The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of America’s premier educational and research institutions.
The UW has been conducting medical research and program activities in Kenya for over 25 years.
As part of this endeavor, the Treatment, Research and Expert Education (TREE) program has contributed to HIV medical research and has developed HIV treatment, prevention and management capacity through training, clinical mentorship, and webcast distance learning lectures.
The TREE Program has an outstanding opportunity for a Data Clerk.
- Assist in designing data collection forms
- Assist in designing and managing research databases
- Coordinate data-checking process and produce reports on the data quality
- Assist in identifying and fixing data errors
- Implementing quality control measures for the data
- Manage data back-up
- Responsible for scanning files
- Ensure that patient study files are properly filled, documented, and stored
- Maintain the security of data
- Be responsible for linking, de-linking, and encrypting data
- A Bachelor’s degree in related fields such as Statistics or IT
- Experience in use of mobile data collection (knowledge of ODK is a plus)
- Experience in handling research data
- Proficiency in SPSS
- Knowledge of Stata is a plus
Submit your application letter addressed to the Kenya Country Director, TREE.
Include your daytime telephone contact, telephone contacts of three professional referees, a detailed Curriculum Vitae, and copies of certificates and testimonials by 28th August 2015 to [email protected] Subject line must read: “Application for UW TREE Data Clerk Position”.