Lutheran World Federation Department for World Services Kenya / Djibouti program is seeking to recruit Kenyan nationals on a temporary basis for three (3) months for the following positions to be based in Kakuma.
Position: Registration Data Clerks
The Registration Data Clerk will be responsible for supporting all activities related to registration, which may also include functions related to reception, filing and data management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct registration interviews in accordance with local standard operating procedures and registration standards.
- Respond to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees regarding registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all individual registration cases.
- Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
- Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation.
- Act as interpreter and translator when needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training / certificate in Social science, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Technology, or related fields.
- Strong computer skills.
- High level of integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
- Ability to tolerate cultural, education and religious diversity in the work place.
- Good communication, organization and presentation skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an application letter clearly indicating the reference number and a detailed CV, including email address and telephone contacts for three referees, one of whom must be your supervisor in your current/former employment.
Applications should reach the undersigned by 12th August, 2016.
Human Resource Officer Lutheran World Federation, Compound I Kakuma Sub Program
Or email to: [email protected]