In March this year, Evidence Action supported the government in deworming school going children in 147 schools within Kirinyaga County. MLIS will be supporting with the collection of coverage validation data from sampled schools and communities. This information will help the program to make informed decisions on subsequent deworming exercises. We are therefore looking for people who can support us in collecting this data.
Responsibilities for the Data Collection Job
- Accurately collect evaluation data from sampled schools and communities using paper and electronic data collection tools
- Timely and meaningfully support information flow from the field to the supervisors
- Adhere to all data collection protocols during data collection activities
- Maintain cordial public relations with local stakeholders including government officials, school heads, teachers, other monitors and community members through observing meaningful and respectful engagement in the course of field work
- Any other duty as may be assigned by supervisors
Qualifications for the Data Collection Job
To be considered for this position, one MUST have the following minimum requirements:
- At least a diploma or certificate from a reputable college or university within Kenya. Those with certificates in nursing and teaching will also be considered.
- A minimum C+ mean grade in KCSE
- An original copy of the Kenya National Identity card
- Available for training and deployment between 2nd to 6th May 2017.
- Experience in electronic data collection with a bias to ODK will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with and ability to work in Kirinyaga county
How to Apply