Location:Mombasa, Tana river, Kwale,Kilifi, Lamu, Taita Taveta
Reporting to:Associate DtW
Deadline: 6th November 2016
About Evidence Action
Evidence Action scales proven interventions that improve the lives of millions. We implement cost-effective interventions whose efficacy is backed by substantial rigorous evidence. Evidence Action identifies innovative, appropriate financing mechanisms and builds best practice operational models. Our current flagship programs include:
- Dispensers for Safe Water is an entrepreneurial program scaling the chlorine dispenser system – a proven innovation that dramatically expands access to water treatment at an extremely low cost.
- Deworm the World Initiative actively supports the scale-up of school-based deworming programs worldwide to improve children’s health, education, and long-term development.
Evidence Action is currently supporting the Ministry of Health in the Mass Deworming campaign for Lymphatic Filiriasis (LF). LF is a disabling and deforming disease that is caused by parasitic worms that are transmitted by mosquitoes and is wide spread in the coastal areas of Kenya. In order to reduce the burden of disease amongst the communities, the Ministry of Health has embarked on a Mass Drug Administration to get rid of this disease.
Roles for the Data Collection Field Officers Job
- Accurately collect evaluation data from sampled wards and villages using paper questionnaires
- Timely and meaningfully support information flow from the field to the supervisors
- Adhere to all data collection protocols during data collection activities
- Maintain cordial public relations with local stakeholders including government officials and community members through observing meaningful and respectful engagement in the course of field work
- Any other duty as may be assigned by supervisors
Data Collection Field Officers Job Requirements
- At least a diploma in any course or currently registered as a student for a diploma or degree course in any reputable college
- Attained a minimum B – grade in KCSE
- Have an original Kenya National Identity card
- Available for training in either Kilifi, Kwale, Taita/Voi and/or Mombasa on 14th-16th November followed by data collection from 17th to 22nd November.
- Must be a resident of any of the counties at the coast. Note: Accommodation will not be offered during training and data collection.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply by clicking here