Job Title: Data Entry Clerk
Organisation: AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Req No: 2015-3965
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the United States U.S. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Data Clerk will ensure that all HIV Counseling and Testing related data is entered into the electronic data base and registers in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ensures that all data entered into the electronic data base is regularly cleaned to remove all errors before utilization in analysis and generation of reports.
• Works in liaison with the data manager to fix all inconsistencies/errors identified in the data
• Actively monitor performance of the data capture applications and immediately report mal functions to the data manager to trouble shoot.
• Ensure that data is kept confidential at all times including the data entry room.
• Regularly validate data received vs data entered to facilitate reconciliation with the HIV testing commodities consumption. This will entail physical counts.
• Generate reports as requested by the data manager to inform programmatic performance on a regular basis.
• Ensure that all entered hard copy data are properly labeled and archived/stored in a systematic manner to facilitate easy retrieval when necessary.
• Document and report all incidents arising to the data manager immediately for appropriate action to be taken.
• Perform any other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The Data Entry Clerk should have one to two years’ experience preferably in an NGO environment
• The applicant should hold a 2-year Diploma in Statistics or Computer related field
• Exceptional knowledge in use of applications like MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and Internet Explorer with some computer troubleshooting skills
• Exhibit commitment to the vision and mission of AHF-Uganda Cares;
• Follow instructions given in both verbal and written format;
• Effective time management skills
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• High degree of Integrity;
• Ability and willingness to work in a team;
• Carry out multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
• Highly self-driven with capacity to work under minimal or no supervision;
• Good leadership skills.
• Fluency in both written and spoken English;
• Communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and writing;
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondences.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to join AIDS Healthcare Foundation should be encouraged to Apply Online at the web link below.