Location: Migori County, Kenya
No. Required: 24
The Project: The USAID-funded PMI AIRS (Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2) Project led by Abt Associates supports the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), as well as USAID Missions and Bureaus with malaria programs outside the PMI focus countries, in planning and implementing IRS programs with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria in Africa by enhancing USAID’s ability to implement IRS programs on the ground through cost-effective commodities procurement and logistics systems, access to technical expertise, and implementation of IRS in countries affected by malaria.
The PMI AIRS Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
S/He will ensure proper data entry and filing system for IRS and other epidemiological data collected in the field.
- Verifying data and ensuring entries are correct daily.
- Ensure that data from the field captures defined variables.
- Coordinates with the County Coordinator in ensuring that required data is timely sent to project country M&E person.
- Ensure timely reporting on AIRS related coverage situations.
- Backing up the database-Daily.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedure.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Vocational training in IT related course.
- 1 year experience desirable
- Additional professional training in data entry preferred.
- Willingness and flexibility to work long and unsociable hours
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Knowledge of USAID procurement policies and regulations a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and database software;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting;
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Applications
- Organization, Typing, Data Entry Skills, Very good Attention to Detail, Confidentiality.
- Level, Self-Starter, Quick Learner, An ability to work fast without making mistakes, Ability to work to meet deadlines