Christian Health Association of Kenya is a national faith based organization dedicated to promoting access to quality health care through health service delivery, health systems strengthening, community systems support and partnerships.
CHAK is seeking suitable candidates for various positions based in Nairobi to work in a USAID funded project within Nairobi County on integrated HIV/TB, Maternal & Child health and Nutrition.
Data IT Officer
Reporting lines: Reporting to the Strategic Information Coordinator
The holder of the position will offer IT support to ensure integration of Hypertension module into IQCare and other MR systems used in the implementing facilities.
S/he will also offer technical support system issues hence ensuring timely and accurate monthly reporting by generating reports from different systems.
S/he should be able to analyse data, compile reports and provide feedback to the clinical team.
Facilitate strategic use of data and information so as to improve health service delivery
- At least a Diploma in data processing / Diploma in Information Technology/Diploma in medical records with computer skills
- Experience working with IQCare, excel, ACCESS and other database packages like SQL
- Fast typing speed, attention to detail, ensuring accuracy and completeness of data.
- Good communication, organizational skills and team player with ability to multi task
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, self‐motivated, fairness and objectivity in problem solving
- Computer programming knowledge
- Strong analytical skills with experience in statistical softwares e.g. Epi info, SPSS, STATA, etc.
- Familiarity with PEFPAR and MOH reporting systems e.g. KePMS and DHIS
- Must be willing to travel extensively within Kenya
Minimum Education and professional requirements
- Applicants should have a minimum of a graduate degree in information technology, computer science, statistics/biostatistics, public health/epidemiology, population studies/demography, or a related discipline
- At least 3 years’ experience in M&E / strategic information
- Post graduate qualification in M&E, HMIS or other relevant field will be an added advantage
- All staff in the CHAK Hypertension project
- Other CHAK staff at the secretariat
- Staff form consortium partners in for both hypertension and AFYA Jijini projects
- Attention to detail
- Ready to work and meet deadlines
- Team spirit
- Takes personal responsibility for work and goes beyond call of duty to deliver
How to Apply
Applications with detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, names contacts of two referees should be addressed to:
The General Secretary P.O. Box 30690 – 00100 GPO,
Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
Closing date for receiving all applications is 15th October 2015.
(Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview)