Reference Number: DMCI300617
Category: Clinical Healthcare and Research
JOB PURPOSE: The position holder will work on the NIH-supported ‘Tambua Mapema Plus’ trial evaluating the impact of a novel screening programme to detect prevalent and acute HIV infection in adult patients and their partners seeking urgent care at 6 health facilities in Mtwapa and Shanzu, and on ongoing IAVI-supported cohort studies at the KEMRI clinic in Mtwapa. The candidate will join a dynamic team that conducts different clinical epidemiology studies with key populations.
- Principal Investigator
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
- The position holder will spend 100% of their time at the KEMRI-clinic in Mtwapa.
- Oversee, coordinate and perform data entry into the database management systems in place.
- Carry out data review, and data validation. This includes discrepancy checking and cleaning of records generated from the databases, and writing cleaning syntax using STATA.
- Assist in the design, development, testing and implementation of Data Management systems (using mySQL / PHP, REDCap and QDS and any other relational database applications) by liaising with IT.
- Assist with preliminary and basic analysis of datasets by giving feedback to the research team on study progress.
- Perform system documentation of all data management activities with the aim of standardising the processes and procedures to make them transparent and reproducible.
- Provide user support for the Local Area Network (LAN) by assisting in network maintenance as well as training the LAN users on effective and efficient use of the network resources.
- Implement and enforce regular data security activities such as data backups, archiving and user administration using the operating system in place.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A degree in IT related courses, Statistics or Computer Science.
- At least 3 years prior experience in data management of research data (including data entry and data cleaning)
- Experience in programming using STATA, R, Excel, FileMaker, MySQL
- Knowledge in managing PHP/MySQL/ REDCap or other relational databases.
- Attentive to detail
- Ability to follow laid down processes and procedures and to take and follow instruction
- Ability to work independently/ with minimum supervision and within stipulated deadlines and schedules
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment