Reference Number: DMCT300617
Category: Clinical Healthcare and Research
JOB PURPOSE:The main purpose of the job is to be responsible for ensuring data quality and completeness according to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) for an international research network.
The Senior Project Manager- Data & Systems
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
Responsibility for ICT hardware and software.
We are operating an international network conducting harmonised health research to improve survival in sick undernourished children in Africa and Asia (The CHAIN Network). The job will involve use of databases and other data applications for data verification and feedback to multiple sites.
The post holder will have a high level of responsibility for ensuring data quality, data storage and security, and thus the integrity of the results. The post holder will be able to work unsupervised, often with a variable timescale. The post mentally demanding, involving a high level of communication with sites in other countries, as well as technical ability.
- Undertake data discrepancy checking, cleaning, validation, retrieving, organizing, and transferring data between systems.
- Liaison with data management teams at sites in Africa and Asia to rapidly resolve queries.
- Conducting recurrent information queries to enable report generation according to the project specification and in-line with data governance protocols.
- Implementing and enforcing regular data security activities such as storage, backups, archiving and user administration and resolving queries that arise.
- Ensure compliance with programme ICT policies on data storage, description, security etc.
- Contribute towards data analysis.
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A degree in Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Sciences.
- Three years experience in Data Management for Clinical Research or trials
- Understanding of data based design, implementation and verification.
- Training and/or experience in data management
- Statistics experience with REDCap, Stata or R or SPSS.
- Knowledge of MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MSSQL
- Excellent knowledge of database design and data modelling
- Excellent skills in data manipulation and statistical analysis
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize and work within tight deadlines
- Flexibility, adaptability, ability to multi-task
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Conscientiousness, timeliness and willingness to work to meet deadlines
- Based at the KEMRI/Wellcome Trust Research Programme in Kilifi, Kenya.
- Be available to work out of hours if necessary