Data Manager Job in Kenya
Handicap International (HI) is an INGO specializing in the field of disability and development. A strong emphasis is placed on empowering people with disabilities through their integration into mainstream development activities and the provision of appropriate Inclusive disability and rehabilitation services in ensure equal opportunities for all.
Under the supervision of the Data Manager and with functional links to the HI Area Manager –Kakuma, the Data Manager is responsible for the development and the implementation of the data management system in the refugee projects which is part of the HI Kenya sector’s programme strategy. He/she contributes towards the capitalization of experience gained from the project. He/She will ensure efficiency in data collection, collation and analysis for action. The Data Manager shall be based in Dadaab 50% of his/her time and the other 50% in Kakuma both field stations are non family duty stations.
S/he will be responsible for
- Overall management of the data for Dadaab and Kakuma refugee projects activities
- Supervision of financial, logistic and material resources of the project implementation
- Participating in the development of the annual budget plan and monitoring the data related expenses.
- Management and supervision of staff under his/her line management
- Contribute towards the capitalization of experience
- Contributing towards the identification of issues or subjects for capitalization in collaboration with the Area Managers and the Project teams.
- Respect of HI identity, rules and policies
Qualifications and skills required:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology
- MCSE certification in SQL and server infrastructure
- Minimum of 2 years practical experience in database development and management
- Knowledge of disability and community-based rehabilitation an added advantage
- Management of surveys and research studies data sets.
- Proficiency in Epi-ifo for data management and analysis
- Data management
- Database development
- Database performance monitoring
- Cash Forecast
- Report writing skills
- Data tools development
- Staff Administrative Management
- Organizational skills
- Team Player
- Decision Making
- Ability to multitask
- Problem solving
How to Apply
Minimum basic salary range from Kshs. 93,115 to Kshs. 108,609 plus allowances and benefits
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, kindly send your application along with an up-to-date CV(including 3 referees with their current official contacts) by email to :- [email protected]
The email subject line should be marked: “Application for Data Manager- DDB Position”
Please do not send your academic and other testimonials they will be requested at a later stage.
Only short listed candidates with the above qualifications and skills will be contacted