The Senior Data Manager will be part of the M&E team at HIV Service Delivery Activity – Rift Valley and will work under the supervision pf the Associate Director Monitoring and Evaluation. H/she will manage and maintain a comprehensive information resource for programs, ensure consistency and integrity of data; oversee management and reporting of complex, related information. Interpret data, including statistical values, and provide advice and consultation regarding implications.
H/she will participate in other activities related to HMIS, research, targeted evaluation, surveillance surveys and monitoring and evaluation as well as provide assistance and training to system users. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
Responsibilities for the Senior Data Manager Job
- Provide technical support in management of all project data base including KePMS to meet data requirements for the project and other stake holders.
- Perform needs assessment and work with information systems personnel at project and implementing partner level to determine feasibility of development of new databases
- and enhancements or modifications to existing databases.
- Provide technical guidance in designing, development and use of data capture tools to meet project requirements.
- Develop and design a functional system for collecting, organizing, analyzing, interpreting, and classifying information for input into electronic databases.
- Implement USG Results Management guidelines at both project and implementing partner level in all data management activities.
- Coordination of data entry of USAID’s program activities data from all program site offices.
- Conduct data analysis for the quarterly, semi and annual reports to the USAID and ad hoc program data and reports.
- Conduct routine data quality assessments on program data bases and provide ongoing support to implementing partners to do the same.
- Assist in project evaluations and research activities.
- Build the capacity of project and partner staff on data management and Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Directly supervise Data Management Assistants including temporary data clerks.
- Keep abreast of latest trends in data management.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Project Director.
Senior Data Manager Job Qualifications
- Experience in setting up and managing data bases.
- Experience in capacity building of partners in data management.
- Experience in data analysis and presenting statistical reports.
- Keen to maintain data security and data quality systems.
- Working knowledge of USAID/PEPFAR/GOK data requirements.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with implementing partners.
- Masters’ degree with 1-3 years’ experience or Bachelors’ degree in biostatistics, public health, mathematics or related field with 3-5 years’ experience or Advanced Diploma in statistics/data management or related areas with 5-7 years’ experience.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, including advanced skills in at least two of the following programs: SPSS, Excel, Epi Info, Stata, and MS Access.
- Demonstrated experience with Health Management Information Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through informal and formal trainings.