DATA MIGRATION ANALYST JOB IN KENYA
(Ref. No. NRS/212/082017)
DATA MIGRATION ANALYST
n Data Migration Design
- Design a staging area for conducting data transformation and fixing errors.
- Design target data architecture.
- Map source, staging, and target data architectures to each other, including rules and
- Identify data migration technology.
- Design data migration, cleansing, conversion, and validation procedures.
- Validate data migration design specifications with key users and stakeholders.
n Data Migration Execution
- Test data migration procedures.
- Create and populate staging areas.
- Cleanse, convert/transform data.
- Perform trial data migrations into staging.
- Perform data migration into production.
n Post Go Live Support
- Work with key users and stakeholders to identify and resolve data issues.
- Conduct post implementation review of data migration exercise.
n Relationship management
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with internal and external contacts.
n First degree in computer science or a higher diploma with additional 3 years’ relevant work experience.
n Exposure to project environments is desirable.
n Ability to communicate fluently in written and verbal English.
n Experience in performing complex source and target data analysis.
n Skilled in large, phased data migration exercises.
n Experience in application testing and release management.
n Advanced knowledge in MS SQL Database Administration and integration services.
n Working knowledge in ITIL.
n Experience in writing business requirements, specifications, manuals or similar material is desirable.
n Excellent knowledge of scripting tools for data manipulation.
n Good logical diagnostic skills and ability to exercise good judgement in the resolution of problems.
Other desirable attributes
n Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to pass on information clearly to users and
to grasp difficulties perceived by users.
n Ability to work under high pressure, meet deadlines, monitor and follow-up on pending matters under
This position reports to the Project Manager.
The selected candidate should be available to start as soon as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted up to 30th August 2017, or until the position is filled, whichever is earlier.
Interested applicants should submit: (a) a confidential cover letter, (b) detailed CV with names and addresses of
3 referees (including e-mail addresses, fax numbers), and (c) a statement illustrating suitability against the listed
qualifications/competencies/abilities, and skills.
Candidates are required to apply online through: http://recruit.icipe.org
icipe is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values
gender equity, teamwork, and respect for diversity.