Data Operations Lead Job at M-Kopa Solar
About M-KOPA Solar
M-KOPA Solar, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers.
Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 350,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day.
M-KOPA is seeking:
Position Title:Data Operations Lead
Position Start:As soon As Possible
Reporting to:Head of Data Operations
Data Operations Lead Job Overall Purpose
- The Data Operations Lead will be responsible for overseeing the design, development and use of data systems. The person in this position will discover efficient ways to organize, store, analyse and visualise data.The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of databases, data analysis procedures and be competent in managing data projects.
Data Operations Lead Job Key Accountabilities
- Oversee key data projects to improve the team’s data reporting and business intelligence capabilities
- Drive analytical work streams that lead to useful insights to support key decision-making processes
- Develop and manage weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting both internally and externally
- Build and maintain advanced SQL scripts to aid in business reporting
- Devise and implement efficient procedures for data handling and analysis
- Continuously evaluate and suggest new ways of improving efficiency
- Explore and derive meaningful insights from various data sources that would lead to significant revenue generation and or cost-cutting
- Collaboration with other teams
- Create and enforce policies for effective data management
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure data accuracy and integrity
- Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, business users, external stakeholders
- Seek to improve individual and team’s data extraction and analytical capabilities
- Improve individual and team’s proficiency in data extraction and business intelligence tools such as SQL, Excel and Power BI
Requirements/ Specification for Data Operations Lead Job
- Quantitative degree in Math, Computer Science, Statistics or equivalent
- At least 3 years in a data position with significant project management experience
- Working knowledge of data administration and management functions collection, analysis and distribution using MS SQL Server, Power Query and TSQL
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies
- Ability to communicate efficiently using PowerPoint and other visualization tools
- An analytical mind set with problem-solving skills
Competitive covering a monthly salary, performance bonus and medical benefits reflective of the candidate’s experience and skills.
How to Apply
- To apply, send an updated detailed copy of your CV and a cover letter expressing why you feel you would be an excellent candidate for the role to [email protected] with the subject EV-DOL-2084 Deadline for application is 5pm on Sunday 7th July, 2016.
- Please Note M-KOPA, as a policy, does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process. Due to the large number of applications received by us, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are short listed for the post and invited for an interview. Therefore, if you have not heard from M-KOPA within 4 weeks of the date of the deadline your application, you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. This measure has been taken in the interests of efficiency and cost effectiveness and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.