Water Services Trust Fund (WSTF), is a State Corporation established under the Water Act, 2002 and our mandate is “to assist in financing the provision of water services to areas of Kenya which are without adequate water services”.
We are a basket fund for mobilizing resources and providing financial assistance towards capital investment costs of providing Water Service and Sanitation.In our current strategic plan, we have committed to an ambitious and aggressive journey towards the achievement of our mandate, and as a result, we have created a number of new positions in our organisation structure.
We are seeking a professional and committed individual with extensive experience to fill the following position:Job Title: Database Administrator
Job Grade: 6
Department: Finance & Administration
Reports to: Manager ICT
Number Supervised: NonePurpose of the Position: This position will be responsible for management of the management of all the databases of the fund by ensuring all relevant data is captured accurately and in a timely manner and avail for use by all stake holders
Duties and responsibilities will include;
- Managing the databases of the Water Services Trust Fund (WSTF): the Urban Projects Concept Information System (UPC-IS) and the Projects Management Information System (PMIS).
- Ensuring that relevant data captured by the UPC-IS is fed into the PMIS (database input & interface management).
- Ensuring that all data collected by the County Resident Monitors (CRMs), the Water Service Providers (WSPs) or other stakeholders, using the WSTF mobile applications, is complete and of good quality (data cleaning and quality control).
- Ensuring that all field data collected with the WSTF mobile applications is properly entered into the UPC-IS and PMIS.
- Preparing the data sets that are required by the WSTF (internal and external reporting obligations) and its Development Partners (data output management).
- Managing the MajiData online database components that are the responsibility of the WSTF. In addition to keeping the WSTF Project Layers up-to-date, the Database Expert has to ensure that the (1) mobile application – (2) UPC-IS – (3) MajiData website sequence is well-managed in terms of data flows (punctuality) and data quality.
- Manage the database programmes (software) and mobile applications and guaranteeing their optimum functionality and integrity.
- Acting as the interface (liaising, coordinating) between the WSTF and the software developers that developed the WSTF databases.
- Ensuring that data and data visualisation requirements of the WSTF are translated into technical descriptions and packages that can be used by the software developers to prepare software additions & adaptations (database revisions & improvements).
- Providing training to WSTF staff on the use of the databases.
- Coordinating all database-IT related activities with the ICT Officer of the WSTF.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree or a related field from a recognized university
- Minimum 3 years database management experience.
- MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solution Developer) is an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Advanced Database administration skills
- High personal standards and result oriented
- Data modelling and designing skills
- Excellent monitoring and administration skills
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications with the job title clearly marked on the envelope to the address below.
Your application should include a cover letter demonstrating why you are the best suited candidate, copies of your academic and professional certificate and testimonials and copies of professional membership(s) certificates.
It should also include details of telephone contacts, email address current position and immediate supervisor position, current and expected remuneration and three referees; one academic and two professionals.Manager, Human Resource & Administration, Water Services Trust Fund, Upper Hill, Mara Road, CIC Plaza, 1st Floor, P O Box 49699 – 00100, Nairobi. Email: [email protected]
To be received not later than close of business 28th August 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Water Services Trust Fund is an equal opportunity employer and persons with disabilities, youth, women and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.