- Assists in the managing, administering, monitoring and maintaining the enterprise databases including Oracle & SQL databases.
- Assists in ensuring database integrity, stability and system availability.
- Assists in maintaining database backup and recovery infrastructure.
- Assists in ensuring that all service level agreements (SLAs) for database services across the organization are delivered according to specifications.
- Maintaining database backup and recovery infrastructure both on-premise and offsite to meet Business Data Recovery objectives;
- Managing, administering, monitoring and maintaining the enterprise databases including Oracle & SQL databases;
- Providing support to systems developers and interfacing with business users to ensure the database s are satisfying business requirements;
- Administering Ms. SQL Servers on Windows environments both on premise and on cloud;
- Cloning database environments as requested by the Business and end users;
- Cloning, Patching and Administering Oracle E-Business Suite release 12.2;
- Administering Oracle Fusion Middleware (Weblogic, SOA, BI,ODI), including patching and cloning Weblogic domains;
- Making requested changes, updates and modifications to database structures and Migrating approved database changes from test into production environments, ensuring IT Change Management policies are adhered to;
- Maintaining cloned database environments, including UAT, Development, SIT and CRP installations;
- Ensuring database security per the company’s IT security policies and Industry’s best practices;
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database systems
- Performing ongoing tuning of the database instances;
- Working with both Internal and External auditors to ensure database systems adhere to the Company policies and licensing requirements and promptly addressing any violations raised; and
- Overseeing continuous service level improvement initiatives associated with core processes and mission-critical systems.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a 24×7 service provider environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating systems.
- Knowledge of IBM AIX is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of high availability configurations, clustering technologies.
- Knowledge of Oracle E-Business suite 12.2 System Administration is desirable.
- Good knowledge of Oracle Fusion Middleware, including Weblogic, SOA, OBIEE, ODI.
- Strong Knowledge of Symantec Netbackup, including backup and restore procedures for both databases and file systems.
Technical and functional competencies;
- Strong technical skill/knowledge spanning enterprise infrastructure, Web-based application hosting and internet technologies.
Knowledge of software, hardware, systems administration, and network technology.
Thorough understanding of relational database theory and practice.
Effective staff management and leadership skills.
Detail oriented and process focuse.
Self-motivated, self-starter who works well in a fast pace, growth orientated entrepreneurial environment.
- Communication skills
- Building Relationships
- Focuses on the Customers
- Develops Self
- Solves Problems
Friday, July 14, 2017
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
Engineering or related field.