Our client, De La Rue is the world’s largest commercial banknote printer and passport manufacturer and is a trusted partner of governments, central banks and commercial organizations around the world.
They provide market leading printed banknotes, banknote substrates and security features, commercial sector cash processing solutions among others.
They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, this is a position responsible for sourcing / collecting / generating and providing financial and managerial information for internal and external reporting of the finance team.
1) Cashbook (Bank & Cash) Management
Maintain the cashbook module including but not limited to:-
- Payment transactions (TT, Cheque and Cash) and ensuring that the control procedures are complied with.
- Posting cheque payments and receipt to the appropriate general ledger accounts
- Weekly and monthly bank reconciliations and weekly cash reports to treasury
- Cash handling
2) Inventory Management
Maintain the inventory module including but not limited to:-
- Booking documents for receipts and issues for assigned stores / warehouses
- Preparation of ink formulations for the currency orders.
- Reconcile inventory modules to general ledger
3) Accounts Payable Management
Maintain the payables and purchasing module including but not limited to:-
- Booking dully supported and approved supplier invoices to the appropriate general ledger accounts
- Reconcile supplier statements to the payables supplier balances
4) Accounts Receivable Management
Maintain the accounts receivable module including but not limited to:-
- Book Cheques & Cards sale invoices and despatch to customer with appropriate backup documentation.
- Weekly update of AR outstanding balances to the sales team to facilitate collection planning
5) General Ledger Management
Maintain the General Ledger module including but not limited to:-
- Posting journals into GL
- Bi-monthly reconciliations of GL balances and Subsidiary modules
6) Management of the Payroll
- Maintain the Payroll system, payroll data, processing all required monthly payroll transactions and ensure approved monthly payroll bank transfers to staff accounts are done on time and other payroll procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate Degree in Finance/Accounting
- CPA (K) or ACCA
- Registered member of relevant professional body
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in a multinational manufacturing organization
- Proficient in use of SAP ERP
- Conversant with standard costing system
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to [email protected] by Wednesday 23rd March, 2016 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.