Our client, De La Rue is the world’s largest commercial banknote printer and passport manufacturer and is a trusted partner of governments, central banks and commercial organizations around the world.
They provide market leading printed banknotes, banknote substrates and security features, commercial sector cash processing solutions among others.
They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this is a position responsible for preparation of financial statement for management and statutory purposes.
- Oversee accurate, complete and timely processing and posting of information into the financial system.
- Perform and ensure journal entries and account reconciliations are completed accurately and timely.
- Maintain the fixed asset register and lead the department’s efforts to integrate FAR to GL
- Manage inter-company transactions and balances agreement.
- Prepare Trial Balance and financial reporting pack for upload into HFM and head office consolidation
- Review of job costing, WIP analysis and closed job report.
- Management reports for review of financial and production KPI’s
Tax and Treasury
- Manage daily site treasury requirements and ensuring that the company’s cash flow is adequate to allow it to operate effectively and forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow
- Manage EPZ operator and enterprise legal requirements including but not limited to EPZ quarterly and annual returns, renewal licenses, transaction implications etc.
- Manage KRA Tax requirements for EPZ operators and enterprise, commercial & logistics tax implications for shipments into and out of an EPZ zone
- Ensure compliance to Income tax provisions – statutory payroll returns and remittances including provident fund returns
- Compute and prepare monthly standard levy payment and returns
- Ensure the timely production of all budgets, forecasts and management and statutory reports to meet Group and Divisional requirements
- Ensure maintenance of records required to safeguard the profit Centre’s assets and the integrity of the profit center accounts
- Control all capital expenditure within laid down budgetary and authorization limits and justify such expenditure to management
- Install, develop and monitor financial stock control procedures which effectively safeguard the factory’s assets.
- Carry out post-evaluation of capital expenditure projects to determine their cost effectiveness, and advise management accordingly.
Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting
- CPA (K) or ACCA
- Registered member of relevant professional body
- Minimum of 5 years of corporate treasury and financial accounting experience
- Must have a background in a multinational manufacturing organization
- Strong knowledge of EPZ operations, Tax requirements for EPZ operators and enterprise, commercial, corporate treasury functions and financial reporting
- Proficiency in use of SAP ERP
- Conversant with standard costing system
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to [email protected] by Wednesday 23rd March, 2016 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.