Debt Collector Jobs in December 2016
Position: Debt Collector
Nature of Job: Full time
Our client, a leading microfinance company, is looking for a qualified Debt Collector will be responsible for collecting overdue bills and negotiating acceptable settlements and payment plans with the clients. The role will include locating customers and securing payment of charged-off accounts and qualifying accounts for legal review.
Responsibilities for the Debt Collector Job
- Investigate payment arrears in the portfolio and code debtor appropriately in order to determine collection process steps.
- Create a list of people who have not made payments and organize the list according to severity of delinquency.
- Ensure all customer information is correct, including phone numbers and addresses.
- Record debtor and arrears history in order to ensure a complete file as a sound basis for decision making during collection / recovery.
- Develop an understanding of the client owing the money prior to contacting them.
- Inform clients of overdue accounts and amount currently owed.
- Communicate with debtors by telephone and in writing so as to manage debtors according to guidelines and standards to ensure payment.
- Execute adequate and timely collection and instigate recovery activities in order to minimize risk costs and optimize returns.
- Negotiating payments while continuing to build a positive relationship with customers.
- Skip-trace through the company’s collection system and internet vendors.
- Maintain positive customer relationship and minimize bad debt exposure.
Debt Collector Qualifications
- Degree in business related field
- Professional Certification will be an added advantage
- Previous experience in customer service, sales, collection of debts or subscriptions or related role is preferred
- Knowledge of quick books and Microsoft Office Tools
- Data entry skills
- Good communication, listening and negotiation skills
- Confident and assertive.
- Ability to problem solve.
- High degree of patience and tolerance.
- Strong follow up skills
- Good stress management skills
- Positive attitude
- Self-motivated and driven with a competitive nature
- High energy
- Strong time management skills
- Keen on detail
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
How to Apply
If qualified send CV to [email protected] by 9th December, 2016. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.