Our Client is in the logistics industry currently looking for a Declaration Officer in Mombasa.
The candidate’s role is to ensure effective and efficient coordination of all imports and export transactions
The Declaration Officer will report to the Managing Director
Duties and Responsibilities
- Tracking shipments, updating customers on arrival information and ensuring correct shipping documentation
- Undertake all declaration procedures for imports and exports
- Application of IDFs
- Advice the management on correct and most preferred course of action to overcome technicalities that may arise in declaration or clearing operations
- Bonds management and cancellation procedures
- Follow up correspondence between various statutory bodies and other parties including KRA, KBS, KPA, etc
- Obtain customs release for exports and truck border consignments
- Ensure correct use of Kenya Revenue Authority Tariffs
- Ensure that correct values are used during declaration and other related procedures to avoid losses that may accrue as a result of penalties.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with customs office
- Liaise with suppliers for timely shipments, follow up for documents to be received and goods cleared well in time to avoid late documentation charges, storage charges and demurrages.
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the supervisor within the scope of the position.
Key Result Areas
The accountability areas are as follows;
- Quality service
- Proper documentation
- Diploma in Clearing and Forwarding
- A Minimum of 1 years’ experience in the same capacity
- Highly conversant with KRA Simba system and Orgus
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders in the field.
- Good interpersonal relations and communication skills.
- Flexible in work habits and schedules, ready to work for longer hours when required.
- Must have knowledge of government procedures relating to imports & amp; exports knowledge of customs laws pertaining to Kenya, east and central Africa.
- Possess a high degree of integrity, honesty and confidentiality.
Salary & Commission: Kshs. 15,000 – 20,000 Basic
How to apply
How to Apply
- If you are interested in the position send your application to [email protected] before close of business 18th June 2016 with the job title as your email subject.