GRADE 11: DEKUT/NAC/12/06/17
Senior Admin Officer Job Requirements
- Must be holder of Master’s Degree in Management, Planning, human Resource management, Economics, Public Administration, Social Sciences or other relevant field in addition to Bachelor’s degree.
- Those with Certified Public Secretaries part III or post-graduate Diploma will have added advantage.
- He/she should be conversant with Modern information and Communication technology.
- They should have at least seven (7) years experience in a University, Research Institution, in a Government Department, Public Institution or reputable private firm
Roles for the Senior Admin Officer Job
- Negotiate inter institutional intellectual property agreement
- Provide intellectual property rights advice and support to other offices
- Seek out commercial parties and negotiate appropriate intellectual property commercial agreements (non-disclosure agreements, material transfer agreements, options agreement, license agreements/letters of intent, memorandum of understanding, etc)
- Constantly evaluate the commercial viability of patented technology with a view to maximizing potential commercialization revenues while effectively managing the associated intellectual property costs and intuitional risks
- Initiate/implement technology prototype development activities, including the preparation of funding proposals.
- Work closely with researchers and external patents agents to provide value added support for improving the quality of patents applications and managing the patents administration activities.
How to Apply
Submit four (4) hard copies of the letter of application, updated CV, certificates, and testimonials to indicating full details of education and professional qualifications, work experience, publications, current positions and salary, telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees
Indicate the position and reference number in the letter of application and envelop which will be addressed to:
The Vice Chancellor, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology, Nyeri – Mweiga Road, P.O Box 657-10100, NYERI – KENYA.
Applications and referees’ confidential reports on the applicant’s suitability for the post should be received on/or before Thursday, 29th June, 2017 by 5.00 P.M
Dedan Kimathi University of Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants of either gender, any ethnicity, persons with disabilities and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Shortlisted candidates will be required to have current clearance certificates from Ethics and AntiCorruption Commission (EACC), Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Criminal Investigation Department (CID, Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Applicants with academic certificates obtained from foreign Universities will be required to undertake recognition and equation of these certificates from the Commission for University Education (CUE)