Senior Librarian Job at Dedan Kimathi University
GRADE 13: DEKUT/NAC/14/06/17
Qualifications for the Senior Librarian Job
- Must be holder of Master’s Degree in Library and Information Sciences, IT or its equivalent qualification in addition to Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university.
- He/she has published at least two (2) articles in refereed journals or a book.
- At least Five (5) years post-masters working experience in a well established and automated Library/information centre at the level of a Librarian or its equivalent OR have served for three (3) years at Grade 12
- PhD degree in Library and Information Studies with no experience
- Must have headed a section or in charge of Library shifts and should have the ability to handle users in the library and have computer skills
- Should be member of relevant professional body.
How to Apply
Submit four (4) hard copies of the letter of application, updated CV, certificates, and testimonials to indicating full details of education and professional qualifications, work experience, publications, current positions and salary, telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees
Indicate the position and reference number in the letter of application and envelop which will be addressed to:
The Vice Chancellor, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology, Nyeri – Mweiga Road, P.O Box 657-10100, NYERI – KENYA.
Applications and referees’ confidential reports on the applicant’s suitability for the post should be received on/or before Thursday, 29th June, 2017 by 5.00 P.M
Dedan Kimathi University of Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants of either gender, any ethnicity, persons with disabilities and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Shortlisted candidates will be required to have current clearance certificates from Ethics and AntiCorruption Commission (EACC), Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Criminal Investigation Department (CID, Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Applicants with academic certificates obtained from foreign Universities will be required to undertake recognition and equation of these certificates from the Commission for University Education (CUE)