Vacancy: Assistant Legal Officer – Risk and Independence
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Firm Service: Internal Client Services
Reference Code: EAK-111193-EK
Type of Position: Full-time
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients.
We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise.
Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across six (6) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda and Burundi.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region – and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment.
You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
We are seeking to recruit an Assistant Legal Officer for our Internal Client Services department ‑
Risk and Independence in Kenya, focusing on the following responsibilities:
- Assist the Legal Advisor in monitoring and interpreting changes in law in the region and advice of its implications to the Firm.
- Implement the legal and regulatory framework in the region for monitoring changes in relevant regulatory bodies in the region that impacts the Firm.
- Provide support on internal legal matters which include responding to legal queries and advising DEA Member Firms on legal matters from time to time.
- Drafting and reviewing legal agreements, employment contracts standard terms of engagement for the various service lines.
- Providing Company Secretarial services to Deloitte Member Firms in East Africa (DEA Member Firms) which includes ensuring compliance with all requirements regarding filings at the Registrar of Companies, maintaining statutory books of the DEA Member Firms, drafting resolutions as may be required from time to time and updating the governance documents of the DEA Member Firms.
- Corresponding with external lawyers matters relating to DEA Member Firms.
- Any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
- A Bachelor of Laws degree from a reputable university.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya or awaiting admission to the Bar.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ relevant work experience.
- Experience in contracting and commercial law.
- Experience in the drafting or review of commercial agreements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Very good presentation skills.
- Negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
To the successful candidates, the firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energised team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working as one, producing results and enjoying it.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements CLICK HERE to submit your application online. Closing date: Monday 31 August 2015