Our client is a leading food products distribution company in Kenya. They seek to hire a Procurement & Demand planning executive.
The successful candidate will be tasked with Developing demand forecasts and procurement of international and local purchases.
Industry: FMCG (Food Products)
Gross Salary: 160k – 175k
Demand Planning & Warehousing Manager Job Responsibilities
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Interact with sales, marketing, and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing, and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for Provides forecasts to our internal and external partners as part of contractual agreements and works with our internal and external partners for material issue resolution demand forecasts.
- Owns global purchasing, reporting, usages, and stock replenishment processes. Identifies and resolves issues and ensures supply chain effectiveness
- Develops and maintains mutually beneficial relationships with key suppliers and service providers and other partners adhering to negotiated contracts and prices where required
- Supports new product development and product renewal by ensuring upstream planning and procurement of components and other materials, establish launch/distribution plans with Sales & Marketing
- Negotiating with shipping agencies and ensuring best and most efficient transit time and route
- Oversee the maintenance and operation of warehouse management systems and automated storage and retrieval systems
- Identify clearing agents to deal with and ensuring on time clearing
- Ensure products transported as per the temperature recommended by the supplier, Transportation from Mombasa to Nairobi
- Advice management on duty and related taxes for shipment and assist implement strategies to gain exemptions where necessary.
- Development of organizational procurement strategy
- Manage and monitor the purchasing system with supplier details
Qualifications for the Demand Planning & Warehousing Manager Job
- A Degree/ Diploma in Supplies and Procurement Management
- At least 5 years’ of experience as a procurement and demand planner
- Must have experience in Importation & Handling International Suppliers
- Experience in food service industry is an added advantage
- Good know how and knowledge on supply chain and importation
- Financial/P&L and problem-solving/analytical skills
- Excellent communication, presentation skills
- Team player
- Must be qualified and conversant with Food safety management system
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Demand Planning and Warehousing Manager) to [email protected] before Wednesday 13th September2017.