Deputy Chief Nursing Officer Jobs at Moi Teaching & Referral Hospital
Moi Teaching & Referral Hospital (MTRH) is the second Referral Hospital serving western Kenya and neighboring countries. It is the first public Hospital to be ISO 9001:2008 certified. The Hospital acts as a teaching institution for Moi University College of Health Sciences.
MTRH is an equal opportunity employer and it seeks to recruit a highly, competent, dynamic, visionary, results-oriented and experienced professional to fill each of the the following positions:
Deputy Chief Nursing Officer, Scale M4 (2 Posts)
Deputy Chief Nursing Officer, Administration & Training
Deputy Chief Nursing Officer, Nursing Clinical Services
The two (2) officers will report to the Chief Nursing Officer.
Chief Nursing Officer Job Duties & Responsibilities in Kenya
- Co-ordinating implementation of nursing interventions and evaluating outcomes;
- Implementing application of the nursing process at the health service delivery point;
- Co-ordinating the provision of appropriate healthcare service designing health education and counselling interventions for patients/clients and community on identified health needs;
- Providing consultation services on safe and quality health care managing the health service delivery department;
- Monitoring and evaluating health care services;
- Ensuring effective utilisation and safety of assigned medical supplies and equipment;
- Co-ordinating training and mentorship programs.
Specifications for Chief Nursing Officer Jobs in Kenya
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Served in the grade of Assistant Deputy Chief Nursing Officer/Senior Nursing Officer for a minimum period of ten (10) years, five (5) of which must be at the level of Assistant Deputy, Nursing Officer or its equivalent;
- Masters Degree in Nursing/Psychological Counseling, Public Health Helath Management Services or its equivalent;
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing from a recognized institution;
- Attended Strategic Leadership Development Programme(SLDP) or Senior Management Course lasting not less than six (6) or four (4) weeks respectively;
- Been registered by the Nursing Council of Kenya; and
- Demonstrated competence and capability in work performance.
Salary Attached To The Scales
Kshs. 150,866 x 7,403 – 158,270 x 7,623 – 165,893 x 7,843 – 173,736 x 8,062 – 181,798 x 8,946 – 190,744 x 17,110 – 207,854 x 18,766 – 226,620p.m
Kshs. 136,841 x 6,842 – 143,683 x 7,184 – 150,867 x 7,403 – 158,270 x 7,623 – 165,893 x 7,843 – 173,736 x 8,062 – 181,798p.m
Kshs 112,580 x 5,628 – 118,208 x 5,911 – 124,119 x 6,206 – 130,325 x
6,516 – 136,841 x 6,842 – 143,683 x 7,184 – 150,867p.m
Kshs. 97,250 x 4,843 – 102,113 x 5,106 – 107,219 x 5,361 – 112,580 x 5,628 – 118,208 x 5,911 – 124,119 x 6,206 – 130,325p.m.
Kshs. 73,809 x 3,951 – 77,760 x 4,140 – 81,900 x 4,139 – 86,039 x 4,140 – 90,179 x 4,139 – 94,318 x 4,140 – 98,458PM
In addition to the basic salary, the successful candidates will get generous house allowance, risk allowance, commuter allowance and be a member of a contributory Staff Pension Scheme.
How to Apply
Suitable qualified candidates are requested to submit 12 copies of their applications together with updated curriculum vitae, Copies of certificates, current remuneration and day time telephone contacts and names of three (3) referees. Please indicate the Job Reference on the envelope. Candidates are advised to contact their referees for recommendation letters to the undersigned. Applications should be forwarded to the undersigned not later than 21st April 2016. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Chief Executive Officer, Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital, P O Box 3-30100 Eldoret