Deputy Security Officer Job at Great Lakes University of Kisumu, Kenya
Great Lakes University of Kisumu (GLUK) is a private chartered university offering degree and other programmes in various disciplines including Health Sciences, Community Development, Education, Theology, Agribusiness, Business Administration, IT, Hospitality and Tourism among others.
The University is looking for highly qualified, experienced, motivated and reputable team players to fill the positions of Security Officer and Deputy Security Officer.
Deputy Security Officer Job Responsibilities
- Assist the Security Officer in supervising other security staff
- Assist in collecting and gathering intelligence data/information
- Assist in ensuring security of visitors of the University and making reports thereof
- Assist in making regular security surveys and summary reports on University security
- Maintain contact with the local police department for handling of emergency cases
- Assist in preparing incident reports
- Perform any other job-related duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Qualifications for Deputy Security Officer Job
The successful candidate should have /be:
- At least bachelors degree in a security related field or equivalent from a recognized institution
- A masters degree or a post-graduate diploma in a related field will be an added advantage
- Must have served as a deputy Security Officer for a minimum of 3 years
- Having served as a Police Officer or Intelligence Service Security will be an added advantage
How to Apply
- Each application shall be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or passport, Testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
- Applications should be addressed to the
- Vice Chancellor, Great Lakes University of Kisumu, Main Campus-Kibos, Off Miwani Road, P.O. Box 2224-40100 Kisumu.
- All applications shall clearly be marked “Application for the position of Security Officer/Deputy Security Officer.”
- And Send electronic copies of credentials in PDF format by email to [email protected]