Job Title: UBL Graduate Trainee – Supply
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, J&B, Windsor, Buchanan’s and Bushmills whiskies, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
About UBL Graduate Programme:
Diageo offers a three year adventure providing you with two to three rotations during which you’ll find yourself challenged and inspired to reach your full potential. The Trainee will be introduced to many of our Diageo leaders globally so you can see the differences and similarities in how we operate around the world. He / she will also enjoy the backing and support of a mentor and buddy who will give you an introduction to Diageo’s culture and help you successfully navigate your career. There may even be an opportunity to live and work abroad so you can experience first-hand what it’s like to live and work in another country.
About Supply Graduate Programme:
Our products are at the heart of what we do at Diageo, and manufacturing and packaging them are some of the most important elements of our business. We want your input and ideas to improve our processes and help shape our future. The Trainees in supply will be looking at ways to drive sustainability in all we do, involved in developing more cost effective bottling techniques or creating innovative new packaging methods. We operate in a world full of heritage and innovation where age old craftsmanship meets cutting edge science and latest engineering technology, and over the three year programme with us you’ll grow your expertise in manufacturing (distillation and maturation, brewing, packaging and engineering), Supply Chain and Procurement.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant must be a Fresh Graduate should hold a minimum Bachelor 2.1 academic degree or 3.25 GPA equivalent in Engineering preferably Mechanical Engineering.
• Graduates should have the capability to succeed in our organization today but also have the potential to be our leaders of tomorrow.
• Ability to use personal drive and agility to overcome challenges and to develop yourself as you progress through the programme.
• Work collaboratively while showing confidence and conviction to challenge people, in pursuit of finding the best and most innovative solutions for Diageo.
• Full of energy, enthusiasm and optimism in everything you do;
• Highly imaginative, creative, animated and impassioned to bring new ideas and concepts to life.
• Ability to follow instincts and standing up for what you feel is right.
• Ability to build working relationships in order to learn and grow together, as well as to influence and inspire others to always do better. Many of these relationships will be core to your success now and in the future as you progress through the organization
• Fluency in English
• Passion, energy and excellent commercial awareness
• Full and clean driver’s license where relevant for the role
• Please note you may be based in any of our geographic regions and we therefore require you to be mobile and willing to potentially relocate for the role.
How to Apply:
If you desire to join the world’s leading premium drinks business, Diageo, in the aforementioned capacity, please click web link below.