Job title: Head of Research
Reporting to: Managing Director
Location: Nairobi with frequent travel
Our client, Digital Data Divide (DDD), is a global recognised commercial service provider who offers high quality, competitive priced business process outsourcing solutions.
DDD’s innovative model enables talent from underserved populations to access professional opportunities and earn lasting income including youth from low-income families in developing countries.
DDD’s clients include leading publishing, media, technology and information services firms; consumer brands and retailers; government agencies; libraries, museums and archives; investment, telecommunications and manufacturing firms, as well as NGOs.
Purpose of the position: Research Managers are responsible for profitably developing research business with prospective and existing clients.
They have prime responsibility for handling client projects through all stages from initial briefing to report writing and/or debrief presentation, ensuring that the research design and analysis and interpretation of results fulfils clients’ needs.
Responsibilities & duties
- Be entirely responsible for the management of the department and projects which may range from a few weeks to a year or more
- Develop project management plans and ensure the team stays on course with project timelines.
- Manage the department budget including cash planning and reporting.
- Ensure that the quality of data meets requirements, including quality measures and spot checks
- Manage field teams doing work in all parts of Kenya and around East Africa.
- Minimize field staff turnover by keeping all field staff substantively and thoughtfully engaged, responding quickly to challenges, and providing all necessary support.
- Be entirely responsible for the department revenue generation
- Maintain a fruitful working relationship with the partner organizations.
- Prepare periodic reports for project funders and advisors
- Represent the company at public forums to explain DDD research results and methodologies, including contributing to industry blogs and publications.
- Communicate with senior management the progress of the department with regards to revenue target
- Be responsible for looking for projects for the department with the help of the sales department.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in economics, business, sociology, anthropology, or related social science
- Masters preferred
- Experience and Attributes
- At least 7 years’ relevant working experience, with 3 years at management level.
- Personal qualities & behavioural traits
- Familiarity with both qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Outstanding management skills, positive attitude, and an obvious willingness to learn.
- Excellent skills with data and metrics for decision making, including superior Excel abilities
- Tolerance for field work
- Ability to deal with wide range of people
- Excellent spoken and written English and good spoken and excellent written swahili
How to Apply
Applicants should log on to http://www.teamiq.com/PreferredPersonnel/2103 and upload their updated CVs for consideration.