Digital Divide Data – Kenya
Head of Human Resources
Digital Divide Data (DDD) is a global enterprise employing more than 1,300 staff across Kenya Cambodia, Laos and the United States.
DDD delivers digital content, data and research services to clients worldwide and has been recognized worldwide for quality service, innovation, and social impact.
The Company is a recipient of the Google Award for Innovation in Business Process Outsourcing (BPO).
Its unique social enterprise business model enables talented youth from low-income families to access professional opportunities and earn lasting higher income.
The Kenya office was set up in 2011 and has grown to a staff size of 450.
DDD Kenya seeks to strengthen its leadership team by recruiting an experienced and results-driven Head of Human Resources.
Reporting to the Global Chief of Human Resources, the role holder will be a key member of the Kenyan management team responsible for delivering DDD’s strategic and operational targets for the human resources and social mission functions to bring about a high-performance high-engagement culture.
The position will regularly interface with other senior HR executives at the DDD global level as well as potentially with clients.
- Contribute to the development and execution of DDD’s Global Human Resources strategy, provide leadership in delivering a comprehensive human resources service to the Kenya business;
- Locally deploy the DDD performance management strategy across the Kenyan organisation including managing the performance management cycle, coaching managers on performance management issues and processes to ensure value-added integration;
- Develop and manage analytics/metrics for determining productivity and overall labor effectiveness;
- Deploy a market competitive compensation and benefits structure consistent with global policies and adapted for the local Kenyan market;
- Adapt the DDD Brand in the local market for both attracting top talent as well as to improving the Company’s overall competitiveness;
- Implement the DDD strategy for employee engagement and take overall responsibility for delivering DDD’s corporate culture aligned to the local business environment;
- Align all human resources practices to legal and regulatory requirements including the Employment Act of 2007 and its subsidiary legislations;
- Manage employee relations and effectively handle employee welfare and union matters;
- Manage the learning and development function including providing guidance to managers and their teams, ensure return on investment for learning and development initiatives;
- Manage manpower planning across the organization including talent and pipeline plans, recruitment and onboarding processes as well as working with operations to effectively deploy resources into projects and optimize staff utilization;
- Accountable for human resources and social mission policies and procedures;
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annually reporting on all human resources matters including budget management and tracking; and
- Manage and develop local human resources and social mission teams.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree with professional qualifications in Human Resources or Organisation Development. Possession of an MBA or relevant Master’s Degree will be an added advantage;
- A member of the Institute of Human Resources Kenya or any other recognized human resources professional membership organization;
- Familiar with concepts of “top-grading”, organization development, change management and talent development.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience, 3 of which must be at a management level in a global firm known for its thought leading human capital ideas and practices. Experience in BPO or other high-production, talent-intensive environments will be an added advantage;
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels, within managerial/leadership and non-managerial employee groups. A hands-on leadership style comfortable dealing in details and in executing plans;
- Practical experience in design and management of high performance work teams as well as top grading staffing practices in the service sector;
- Practical experience in using ISO 9001 or other process maturity standards as well as state-of-the-art Project Management techniques and best practices;
- Knowledge of human capital development tools such as Gallup, Lominger, Human Synergistics will be an added advantage;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Fluent (speaking, writing, and comprehension) in English as well as local languages;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to develop and manage insightful and meaningful reports/statistics, develop and recommend solutions to problems based on solid data and analysis, link financial results to operational performance drivers and provide value add insights to the business;
- Well versed in MS Office (particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint), as well as recognized HRIS.
The successful candidate must demonstrate unquestionable ethics and integrity, personal value set that is consistent with the social mission of DDD.
How to Apply
If you believe your career aspirations match the required profile for our Head of Human Resources, please send your application in confidence to email@example.com by close of business Friday 2 October 2015, quoting Head of Human Resources on the subject line of your email.
Please provide your curriculum vitae containing details of your qualifications, experience, and present position, current and expected remuneration.
Include day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address, Skype address, names and addresses of three references.
Please do not send copies of professional/academic certificates at this stage.
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.