The File Clerk will be responsible for maintaining the company’s records. Filing, retrieving old files, Coding, keying in data from files to computers, and retrieving records as needed and ensuring system is well organized.
Responsibilities for the File Clerk Job
- Keeping files and documents well organized for easier retrieval
- File records in alphabetical or numerical order
- Code files for proper placement and key in data to the computers
- Retrieve files as when required
- Answer questions about records and files
- Eliminate outdated or unnecessary materials, destroying them or transferring them to archives
- Enter document identification codes into systems in order to determine locations of documents to be retrieved
- Find and retrieve information from files in response to requests from authorized users
- Keep records of materials filed or removed, using logbooks or computers
- Modify and improve filing systems, or implement new filing systems
- Perform periodic inspections of materials or files in order to ensure correct placement, legibility, and proper condition
- Place materials into storage receptacles, such as file cabinets, boxes, bins, or drawers, according to classification and identification information
- Scan or read incoming materials in order to determine how and where they should be classified or filed
- Sort or classify information according to guidelines such as content, purpose, user criteria, or chronological, alphabetical, or numerical order
- Track materials removed from files in order to ensure that borrowed files are returned
- Process and scan files to be entered into computer in digital database.
- Work with electronic storage media
- Ensure no materials in file are lost.
- Be able to explain filing system to others.
Qualifications for the File Clerk Job
- Diploma or Certificate in records management
- Any other qualification with 2-3 Years’ experience as a File Clerk in a busy organization
- Attention to details
- Excellent Microsoft office skills and typing speed
- Conversant with filing systems and coding
- Good communication skills
- Team player and result oriented
- Discretion with ability to maintain information confidentiality
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience send CV urgently to [email protected] Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.