It is in line with the need to realize the above mandate that NMK management is seeking to recruit a suitable and qualified person to fill the following vacancy based at its headquarter on a three year renewable contract.
Position Functions: In collaboration with other directorates and Director General’s Office, the position holder shall contribute to the formulation and implementation of overall NMK research policies and strategic planning.
- Implementation and co-ordination of the programmes and activities of a large multi-disciplinary research team and advising the Director General on their progress
- Monitoring performance and evaluating staff and team working in the directorate
- Administering and allocating resources from the directorate’s budgets to departments within it and overseeing expenditure
- Promoting national and international institutional partnership with relevant research institutions, government departments and stakeholders
- Ensuring effective internal communication flow of information within the directorate and with other directorates.
- Liaising with collaborating institutions, local and international donor agencies on research issues
- Representing the directorate in top management meetings
- Liaising with the Director of Administration and Human Resource on effective staffing and staff development.
The applicant must:
- Have served in the grade of Senior Research Scientist or an equivalent position in a reputable research organization for at least five (5) years
- Be in possession of a relevant PhD Degree
- Have published at least seven (7) scientific articles in peer review scientific journals as a first author
- Have demonstrated success in generating research funds for the specified area of study of not less than $ 200,000
- Have organized at least seven (7) seminars and workshops
- Have shown exemplary administrative and leadership capabilities.