Regional Disaster Management Delegate Jobs International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
Category of Staff: Delegate
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 187 member National Societies.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is guided by its Strategy 2020 which voices our collective vision and determination to move forward in tackling the major challenges that confront humanity.
The mission of the Secretariat is to build a humane, dignified and peaceful world by helping National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies to become stronger, promote their interests globally, and enable them to work together effectively as the International Federation.
Delegate Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain, with support of Federation East Africa and Southern Africa support cluster, a “24/7” disaster monitoring capability, covering both rapid- and slow-onset disasters
- Support National Societies in implementation of disaster response operations
- Provide technical support in the evaluation of disaster response operations
- Mobilize and coordinate external support requested by Operation Managers in the field, in coordination with Country Offices/Multi Country Support Cluster.
- Ensure close contact with CD/RO that response modalities and service delivery plans are coordinated with host
- National Societies and Technical Departments.
- Ensure close contact with Country Offices/Multi Country Support Cluster that National Societies mandate, roles and capacities are recognized and used effectively in Federation emergency response.
- Support effective use of Federation regional expertise and capacities in disaster response such as RDRTs.
- Advise Operation managers, Multi Country Support Cluster /country delegations on programmatic aspects of the transition from relief to recovery, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
- Organize in collaboration with Multi Country Support Cluster /country delegations trainings, aiming at fast and effective mobilization of Federation response system and mechanism.
- Maintain rosters of DR personnel, including RDRT and other disaster response intervention teams in the region.
- IMPACT/Basic Delegates Training Course.
- Relevant university degree
Experience for the Delegate Job
- 5 years of experience in disaster management, including a experience in the field.
- Experience of working for Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement.
- Experience in facilitating and training.
- Experience in supporting, coaching, capacity development in civil society organizations.
- Experience setting up, managing and coordinating disaster response, including leading multi-national response teams.
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge, skills and languages
- Self-supporting in computers (excel, word, outlook)
- Information management skills
- Knowledge of volunteering with the Red Cross and Red Crescent
- Knowledge of standards and guidelines for humanitarian emergency response
- Demonstrated analytical and planning skills
- Interpersonal and communications skills
- Self-organizational and flexibility
- Training and coaching
- Solid and tested operational management skills
- Ability to problem solve, take initiative, and work in an ambiguous environment
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic)
Competencies and values
- National Society Relations
How to Apply