We are seeking to recruit focused and results driven individual to fill the following position.
The Dispatch Officer is primarily responsible for ensuring effective and efficient dispatching of goods to customers and efficient running of the business.
Dispatch Officer Job Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensuring all LPO’s received and recorded are all processed and ready for dispatch.
- Preparing the daily work plan for deliveries /supplies to customers based on the farms and tonnage.
- Recording all dispatches to customers in order of customer name, vehicle number and type of goods.
- Ensuring customers are served with good quality and well packed goods as per their orders depending on availability of goods.
- Ensuring maintenance and filing of updated dispatch data lists and reports.
- Ensuring FIFO systems are used to supply goods verifying each dispatched goods for type, quality and quantity.
- Ensuring vehicles are loaded for next day’s deliveries.
- Liaising with storekeepers on re-order levels of stocks.
- Making follow ups on the stocks that are on transit both locally and overseas.
- Ensuring all stocks records for overseas products are maintained and supplied when received as per customer’s requisitions.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications for the Dispatch Officer Job
- A Diploma in Purchasing & Supplies in Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- At least two years experience in a busy purchasing & supplies environment.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills.
- Must be computer proficient – Microsoft (Word, Excel, Power point, Access, Outlook, Internet).
How to Apply
If your career aspirations match these exciting opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae to [email protected] on or before 05 December 2016. Hard copies will not be accepted