- Company: Reputable Institution
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow Job At APHRC
(Early Childhood Development & Nutrition)
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental research organization committed to conducting high quality and policy relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa. APHRC seeks to recruit a Post-doctoral Research Fellow with expertise in Early Childhood Development (ECD) and nutrition to work in the Health Challenges and Systems Program within her research division.
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow Job Responsibilities:
- Lead and contribute to proposal development;
- Engage in evaluations of interventions with young children and families in early care and education;
- Participate in the design of scientific research and training tasks within the Program;
- Lead and contribute to the implementation of projects including project design; project management including field work
management, data management and analysis, scientific writing, and reporting to donors; and,
- Lead in policy engagement and dissemination of research findings to appropriate audiences.
Qualifications For Post-Doctoral Research Fellow Job
- PhD in Nutrition Studies, ECD, Public Health or closely related fields. The fellowship should be taken up within two years of completion of doctoral degree;
- Strong writing skills and good record of publications on relevant areas in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Experience and strong interest in the areas of nutrition (especially maternal, infant and young child nutrition), ECD, Public Health;
- Proven experience in conducting household surveys and/or health facility-based surveys;
- Strong quantitative skills (managing, analyzing and interpreting data), with extensive familiarity with Statistical Packages (e.g. STATA, SAS or SPSS); and
- Computer literacy in Microsoft packages (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Has both ECD and Nutrition qualifications and expertise, especially in maternal, infant and young child nutrition;
- Experience and familiarity with a diverse set of health and social science data sets;
- Expertise in qualitative methods, with familiarity with common qualitative analysis software package (e.g.NVivo);
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to work in a culturally diverse team; and,
- Experience in developing proposals and attracting research grants.
How to Apply
- This fellowship comes with an attractive, internationally competitive remuneration package including employer paid medical, travel and life insurance cover. Allowances toward in-relocation, and dependents’ education are provided. Preference will be given to nationals of sub-Saharan African countries, and females are particularly encouraged to apply.