National Crime Research Centre: The National Crime Research Act, Chapter 62, Laws of Kenya established the National Crime Research Centre (NCRC), which is a State Corporation under the Office of the Attorney General & Department of Justice.
The objects of the Centre are to carry out research into the causes of crime, and its prevention and to disseminate research findings and recommendations to agencies of Government concerned with the administration of criminal justice with a view to assisting them in their policy formulation and planning.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of Documentation Officer I, the appointee will be performing the following duties:-
- Management of library and documentation services.
- Implementation of library wok programs.
- Direction, control and coordination of staff.
- Selection and procurement of information and other library materials in consultation with relevant staff of the Centre.
- Issuing publications to library clients and keeping statistics of borrowed publications.
- Cataloguing and classification of all information materials.
- Development of library/documentation centre’s catalogue in its various forms either manual or automated in order of author, subject, title, or classified and the completion of user subject profiles to enable efficient dissemination of information.
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have;
- A Bachelors degree in library and information technology studies or its equivalent from a recognized university or institution and be computer literate.
- Experience in documentation/library services management, Knowledge and experience in the field of research is an added advantage.
Note: Salary for each grade is commensurate with NCRC Salary Structure.
Applicants should submit the following:-
(i) Dully filled NCRC Application Form (CLICK HERE to download) together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including names of three referees and full contacts (name, Post Office Box Number, email address, and telephone/mobile phone contact;
(ii) Copies of academic certificates and testimonials;
(iii) Copies of Certificate of Good Conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigations, Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Ethic and Anti Corruption Commission (EACC) Clearance, Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) and any other Professional Body which the candidate is a member.
Applications without the relevant qualifications and supporting documents as required will not be considered.
All applications should indicate job reference numbers and be send to;
The Director /CEO
National Crime Research Centre
ACK Garden Annex
1st Ngong Avenue, Off Bishop’s Road
P.O. Box 21180-00100
OR Email: [email protected]
The application should to reach the Director/CEO not later than 5.00 pm on Friday, 11th November, 2016.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any form of Canvassing for these positions will lead to automatic disqualification.
National Crime Research Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
National Crime Research Centre