Reporting to the General Manager, the main responsibilities of the Accounts and Admin Assistant will be to assist in the delivery of administrative and financial functions and receive direction from the General Manager. S/He will assist in maintaining financial and administrative systems, keeping adequate, complete and assessable records in the improvement of financial procedures. S/He will also provide administrative support to the organization, including reception duties as required.
Responsibilities for the Accounts & Admin Assistant Job
Budgets and Management Reporting
- Preparation of management reports and actual against business plan & budget as required.
- Provide management reporting to Managing Director and other stakeholders.
- Prepare cash flow management processes.
- Manage processes to record & reconcile expenses against income and provide regular management reporting.
- Bookkeeping (using Xero Accounting System)
- Process online payments and send reconciliation statements monthly.
- Ensure the Chat of account is updated for proper reporting.
- Assist in development of the monthly budgets and update in the accounting system.
- Ensure Daily Reconciliation of all Bank Accounts.
- Ensure the Petty cash is spent as per the budget approved and reconciled daily.
- Set up tracking on in the accounting system to optimized on reporting.
Automate monthly invoices and ensure they are send out in time for payment.
- Maintain the Asset Register & Depreciation Schedule.
- Support preparation of tax returns, Annual Audits & preparation of annual financial statements working with the auditors.
- Petty cash custodian and management.
- Reviews invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Prioritizes invoices for payment by due date/discount date and processes for payment accordingly.
- Create and obtains signatures on all accounts payable cheques.
- Distributes signed checks as required.
- Processes approved vendor payments in Xero.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, corporate accounts payable files, and multiple tracking spreadsheets.
- Continuous monitoring and maintenance of vendor remittance information.
- Answers vendor inquiries and researches vendor account discrepancies.
- Maintains the AP files.
- Assists monthly closings by drafting various journal entries and working with GM to meet necessary deadlines.
- Process all vendor requests to be added to system by Controller.
- Calculate, process payment, and file monthly Statutory taxes & VAT on a timely basis.
- Maintains records of all internally submitted purchase orders, matches to invoices, and advises of deviation from procedure.
- Prepares year-end analysis of accounts, and provides vendor account activities upon request.
- Payroll Management (Payshark Payroll)
- Prepare Monthly payroll, obtain approval and process to bank.
- Produce & issue payslips.
- Maintain all payroll records.
- Prepare yearly Payroll reconciliations & PAYE Payment Summaries (P9).
- Support all other employer payroll related requirements.
- Enters all payroll data for monthly payroll processing.
- Organizes and maintains complete payroll records.
- Maintain and update employee incentive spreadsheets.
- Other payroll related duties as necessary.
- Prepare account invoices promptly and accurately with required supporting documentation
- Maintain up-to-date files for all outstanding accounts
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the accounting for billings and accounts receivable
Responsible for the reconciliation of credit card billing, settlement, and payment
- Responsible for the identification, documentation and implementation of improved processes and controls related to accounting
- Conduct analyses and generate reports for internal and external use
- Review reconciliations and journal entries performed by direct reports, including preparation of the bad debt
- Prepare reconciliations and journal entries for complicated transactions
- Work with other departments to assess delinquent customer accounts and approve significant payment plans and write-offs
- Provide senior management information necessary to base strategic decisions
- Professional development and other duties as assigned
- Administrative Role
Be accountable for and manage the staff delivering the following functions:-
- Assist with management and undertake filing, scanning and archiving of financial and office records.
- Maintain Procedures folder with relevant, up to date procedures.
- Assist in the procurement processes by obtaining quotes for goods and services, including travel and conference facilities and to ensure that all those processes are in accordance with the organization’s financial procedures and manuals.
- Perform general administration/clerical support including photocopying, mail-outs, stationery, equipment supplies and filing. Maintaining the overall standard of the office space including liaising with service providers and keeping an equipment inventory of all capital, fixture and fittings.
- The physical infrastructure for the operations e.g. premises, equipment and assets.
- The administrative function e.g. records management, inwards & outwards Mail, purchasing, diary management.
Qualifications for the Finance & Admin Assistant Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration or any other related field.
- At least CPA Part II qualification or a diploma in ACCA.
- At least 1 year experience in work related to finance and administration.
- Demonstrated work experience in finance and administration work.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality concerning member, financial and employee files.
- Experience in preparing correspondence and other written materials.
- Knowledge of office systems and procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power point platforms.
- Proficiency in Xero Accounting System and any other Accounting software.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Organization: You’re meticulously organized, not only in projects but in thoughts and time. You take the time to plan ahead and be proactive in all aspects of your job.
- Ability to Multitask: You have a knack from being able to jump from project to project, all while understanding the bigger picture. You have the ability to quickly accomplish tasks while maintaining a high quality of work.
- Problem-Solver: You’re able to see a solution to a problem that others didn’t even know existed. You often come up with multiple options to solve a problem and supersede the goal.
- Customer-Centric: You provide stellar customer service and build long lasting relationships with clients while executing their digital campaigns at the highest standard of excellence. You are able to set expectations with your client and continuously hit deadlines and timelines established for all digital campaigns to help build trust and respect from our clients.
How To Apply
We are looking for highly creative, team-oriented people to join our growing Digital Agency. If you are good in numbers and with excellent organization skills and knowledge of financial tools and a desire to work for one of Kenya’s leading Digital Agencies send us an application, cover letter and CV to [email protected] with ‘Accounts and Admin Assistant’ in the subject line of your email by the 10th of February 2017.