Dotsavvy, an award winning digital marketing agency, is seeking a highly talented Digital Designer. An ideal candidate will be a detail conscious individual who wants to work with a dynamic, industry leading team. A qualified candidate will be a self-starter with a strong creative background and has experience managing others.
This individual will be responsible for setting and maintaining creative standards, developing new idea creative executions across web, social, email and mobile that propels Dotsavvy forward as an industry leader. Candidate will also lead the creative design team, and would report to the Managing Director with a dotted line to the General Manager. Strong leadership experience and knowledge in UI/UX is required.
Responsibilities for the Digital Designer Job
- Work with Account Management teams to conceptualize and execute client digital marketing deliverables such as websites, social media creatives, digital campaigns, email newsletters, etc
- Manages the creative/production departments (web designers, QA, and copywriting team).
- Directs the creative product at Dotsavvy and strives for excellence in everything from concept to completion of every project on schedule.
- Attends creative input meetings to develop creative strategies and implements all creative requirements.
- Confirms client review and delivery schedules with project management and assigns jobs to creative team.
- Directs wireframe, moodboards and comp work to assure work is on-target and on-schedule delivery for client review.
- Performs competitive analyses
- Participates on sales calls to “sell” creative and present creative process and methodology.
- Maintains current working knowledge of computer –related skills, software and programs to ensure entire creative department remain on the leading edge of essential technology and skills.
- Interviews and screens applicants for creative positions as well as hiring and training.
- Manage creative team; includes hiring, time and attendance management, performance reviews, etc.
- Work with other departments to create and implement changes to strategy and products/services offered, create company documentation/SOP’s as needed
Requirements for the Digital Designer Job
- Bachelor’s degree in digital design (or equivalent)
- Two years minimum experience as a digital designer (or equivalent)
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML5 and CSS3
- Understanding of information architecture and its application in UI Design a plus
- Creative, strategic, and analytical thinking skills
- Comprehensive understanding of project ownership from assignment through delivery
- Advanced branding, visual design, and typography skills
- Ability to quickly familiarize with brand goals, integrate style into design, and deliver projects on time
- Enthusiastic team player who looks out for others, provides guidance, and readily shares knowledge
- Experience managing a team of 6 or more.
How to Apply
If you think that your that special talent we may be looking for, kindly send us your CV on [email protected] with the subject line ‘Digital Designer’ by 5.00 pm East African Time (EAT) on Monday, 20th March, 5pm.